Private Master Chef Services
from Jean-Louis Gerin
For 30 years, discerning gourmands went to restaurant jean-louis in greenwich, CT to experience authentic french cuisine with inventive modern twists.
Now Chef Jean-Louis brings that to you, with his Private Master Chef Services.
Savor a group cooking experience with your friends — and a James Beard Award-winning chef. Or host a private party highlighting authentic French food with Chef Jean-Louis’ signature modern edge.
preview of what’s cooking in 2019
The Jean-Louis Classic:
- Foie Gras terrine, charred toast and Chutney
- Seared Foie Gras on petite potato crumble, citrus gastric
- Mosaic seafood quenelle and vegetables – Tomato concassee salsa
- Brutally seared Sea Scallop, Champagne beurre blanc
- Boneless Quail stuffed with poultry mousse, mushrooms ragout, Truffle Sauce
- Filet mignon de Boeuf, Bordelaise sauce, potato au gratin Grd-Ma.
- Breast of Duck on Spinach salad with Maxim’s potatoes and sherry gastric sauce.
- Pure Chocolate mousse (no dairy)
- Super thin Apple tart
And other recipes as you remember them
The new recipes:
- Foie Gras Royale with Duck confit and orange gelée
- Chia (or Quinoa) saffron velouté – citrus supreme and Lobster chiffonade
- Napoleon of sous vide celery roots and Foie Gras parfait – crumble.
- French Quiches hors d’oeuvre – from Grd-Ma ham & cheese to vegetarian delight.
- Trout Timbale with sea scallop mousse Frangipane
- Sea Scallop quickly seared – Vegetable Brunoise in cocoa nib vinaigrette.
- Beef cheeks under pressure – Cooking juice and roots confit.
- 72 hours precision cooking Beef Short Rib – barbecue coffee gravy.
- Vegan Red beet, grains and umami burger.
- Beet, banana and Strawberry Bavaroise.
- Chocolate Mango soufflé.
More to come as Chef Jean-Louis researches Vegan, Cryo-concentration, Precision Cooking and plant based foods. Exciting time are ahead of us.
1983 - 2012: Linda and I successfully ran JEAN-LOUIS in Greenwich through the market’s ups and downs, helped by your faithful/amazing support and an excellent team of employees. We received an abundance of rewards and honors but after 30 years it was time to start a new venture.
2013 - 2018: We found such a challenge at New England Culinary Institute where I started as campus executive chef, then became Managing Director of Operations. Meanwhile Linda took time to finish college and graduated with a degree from NECI. During those 5 years I had the pleasure of working with talented chefs while defining a healthy equilibrium Education/Operation. Hands-on continuing education became quickly my favorite focus resulting in programs for a Caribbean resort as well as a dynamic military course. During this time, I had the honor of lecturing at the White House and Fort Lee.
I also organized seminars for Dr Bruno Goussault’s precision cooking Sous Vide classes.
2019 – the next chapter: In addition to Private Master Chef Services for your family or business affairs, we offer hands-on mise en place participation. You, your friends, spouse or kids can be invited to participate in the set-up of your dinner. This is a custom and unique experience designed and priced for your specific event.